“Going cashless made Wake Up Call better in a number of ways, as it allowed for a greater flow throughout the event, among other things. The Tappit team was very forthright and knowledgeable from implementation to execution.”
Manager, WET Deck / W Dubai - The Palm
With epic artists including Rita Ora and RÜFÜS DU SOL and dishes from some of the top restaurants in the world, Wake Up Call pulled out all the stops for an amazing party at W Dubai – The Palm.
Using the Tappit cashless system, Wake Up Call saw:
- More than 8,000 transactions processed, including onsite top-ups and sales transactions
- More than 8,300 menu items sold
- 2 currencies processed – AED and VIP vouchers
Challenges and Objectives:
Having just opened earlier in the calendar year, W Dubai – The Palm was still a relatively new venue to be hosting such a large event. As such, event organisers were aware that planning crowd flow and mitigating common logistics issues like network outages were crucial to their success.
- Accurate data collection: By going cashless, Wake Up Call organisers collected valuable data that can be used for future events. For example, vodka was the most popular menu item sold over the weekend. Knowing this, event organisers could look into speciality vodka cocktail for future editions of the festival. Further, Tappit’s data showed that peak purchase times were between 8 and 9 p.m. on both event days, and using this information, W Dubai – The Palm can increase its staff during these busy periods to ensure customers are served as efficiently as possible.
- Elevated customer experience: One of W Dubai – The Palm’s goals when integrating a cashless system into their event was to enhance their customers’ experience. With cashless wristbands, queues moved faster and customers did not need to be concerned with theft or fraud – particularly because festival attendees spent much of their time in swim and beachwear, making it difficult to carry their belongings. Further, VIPs were pleased to find complimentary food and drink vouchers pre-loaded onto their wristbands, giving them a seamless five-star experience.
- No downtime on-site: Because the Tappit system works both online and offline, event organisers could rest assured knowing that there would be no technical hiccups or outages during the festival.