Tappit Technologies (UK) Ltd takes the protection of your personal data seriously and we understand the measures we take to do this, along with your rights, should be transparent and easily understood. You can find out more about how we collect, use and look after your personal information.
The type of personal information we collect & why
To use certain services of www.tappit.com you may be required to create an Account. The personal information we collect from you will include the following:
- First name and surname
- Username and/or email address including the password used for your account
- Information you provide to us in any correspondence and a record of any correspondence we have with you
- Details of transactions made when using our services
- Your bank account and payment card details
- Information about your marketing preferences
- Information about any possible fraudulent, criminal or anti-money laundering activity which our systems detect
- Your computer log files and internet browser information
Our website is not structured to offer its products and services or collect information to individuals under the age of 18.
Use of your personal information
In accordance with the data protection laws we will only process your personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. Theses bases will include where it is necessary to provide our Services to you, where we are required to do so under legal and regulatory obligations, where you have given consent and where it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal information, providing this does not prejudice your own rights, freedoms and interests.
All personal information that you submit or we collect may be used in the following but not limited to:
- To enable us to set up and operate your account with us, allowing you to make full use of our services including registration, top up and withdrawal of funds.
- To improve our website, products and services provided to you.
- To enable us to provide you with updates, newsletters, news, promotions on our products and services.
- To enable us to contact you in response to a “contact us” or “chat with us” request.
- To enable us to record telephone calls to our Customer Support team for training purposes and also for security purposes, allowing us to identify persons in subsequent communications
- Preparing statistics, providing analytical reports and analysis relating to use of our Products and Services
- Where we are required to identify and investigate any suspected unlawful, fraudulent or improper activity connected with our Products and Services, including possible money laundering, and the use of proceeds of crime and fraud
Sharing your personal information
- We work with certain third party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, that have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner by which these providers will handle your personal information. We are not responsible and expressly exclude ourselves from liability for any damages which may be caused by the privacy practices of such third-party service providers.
- We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information or to enforce our General Terms or any other agreements you have with us.
- We may be occasionally required to share your personal information if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our Service, our users, or the public.
Transferring your personal data overseas
- The provision of our services to you may, from time to time, require the transfer data (including your personal information) to other locations within our group of companies, partners and subcontractors who are based outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the United States of America, United Arab Emirates, India and the Philippines.
- Where personal information is transferred outside of the EEA we will do so under standard contractual clauses or binding corporate rules or any other acceptable method that ensures protection of your data to the standard required within the EEA.
- We strive to protect your personal information from unauthorised access or alteration. This includes the use of various security measures to protect your personal information held by or on behalf of us and ongoing review of our information collection, storage and processing practices.
- If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure Transport layer security (TLS) v1.2.
- All payment-related transactions are secured within a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) certified environment
- Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
You have the following rights in regards to your personal information
- A right to access and/or rectify the personal information we hold about you
- A right to receive your personal data in machine readable format e.g. Excel, Word, PDF
- A right to object to our processing of your personal information, however there may be certain circumstances where we have a lawful basis to continue doing so
- A right to request that the personal information we hold about you is erased
- A right to request an explanation of the logic that underpins any decisions we make about you using automated means
- A right to complain to your data protection regulatory authority
- A right to withdraw consent that you may have previously provided to us
If you would like to exercise any of your rights then you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a request we will require proof of identification and ask that you clarify the basis of your request.
We may contact you in relation to use of our products and services that you may be interested in but only where you have consented to receive such marketing communications. You can update your preferences or withdraw your consent for us to contact you at any time by emailing email@example.com or mailing us at 4th floor, 1 East Parade, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS1 2AA.
Our website utilizes “cookies” which is a small file downloaded onto your device that enables us to obtain certain information from your browser, such as your preferences. They also allow us to maximise your experience using the website by increasing its functionality and allowing the website to remember information and selections as you move from page to page and from visit to visit, depending on the cookie.
How to contact us
If at any time you believe that we have not adhered to the provisions set out within this policy, please notify us by contacting our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If our company is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue the services we offer.
Stay in the loop
Once a month we'll deliver the latest industry news, trends and exclusive content, straight to your inbox.