The Broken Heel Festival is a bucket list journey you won't want to miss.
Broken Heel Festival
Annual Festival and Parade
With three stages featuring comedy, cabaret and live music, Broken Heel is an unmissable, over-the-top annual event. The festival boasts incredible entertainment, a decadent food menu, unique cocktails and stunning drag markets.
Using the cashless RFID system, Broken Heel:
- Provided more than 1,700 guests with cashless wristbands
- Processed 28,892 transactions
- Added an additional revenue stream of $7 AUD per customer
- Gained valuable insights about their menus (for example, espresso martinis were the second most popular menu item – they sold a whopping 810 of them!)
Broken Heel celebrates the theatrical anniversary of “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” at her spiritual home, The Palace Hotel and the township of Broken Hill, NSW, Australia, each year. Though it has been a popular event for the LGBTQ+ community and supporters, 2019 was the first year Broken Heel has gone cashless with the help of Roundbox.
Challenges and Objectives:
As with any event where food, drink and entertainment are rolled into one, it is crucial that transactions are as fast as possible so guests spend less time in queues and more time enjoying the revelry. In addition to reducing queue times, Broken Heel also wanted to learn more about their attendees’ consumer behaviour onsite.
- Shorter queues: Without the hassle of temperamental credit card machines or cash handling, transactions were significantly faster, resulting in shorter queues across the event.
- Actionable insights: Broken Heel offers attendees a wide breadth of items for purchase, from food and signature cocktails through to merchandise and beauty products. By analysing transactional data, Broken Heel can make informed decisions about their offerings for future events.
- Event support and customer service: Tappit’s commitment to product knowledge and Roundbox’s event expertise and onsite support culminated in a smooth and successful weekend. All vendors were thoroughly trained on the Tappit system prior to the event, and Roundbox staff members were available throughout.
Related customer stories
Blanco y Negro Music
Unite with Tomorrowland Barcelona
“We were looking for a partner with a great reputation to enhance our cashless festival experience. Tappit was the clear choice. Not only were we impressed by Tappit’s expertise, but also the insights into our attendee behaviour that their solutions offer. These insights will help us continually improve the experience for the fans, and we are looking forward to working with Tappit over the next three years.”
The greatest house party....in a field
Leopallooza Festival is a multi-award-winning, grassroots music festival that celebrates the very best in new, up-and-coming and established bands, artists and DJs within our bespoke festival site which is nestled in a hidden, tree-filled Cornish valley, just a few miles from the sea.