Tappit are looking for somebody to join our Technologies team who will be responsible for developing servers and defining and maintaining the central database. Our Back-End developer will work within a team to integrate with front-end elements within our application.
- Innovate, Develop, Maintain and Contribute to the existing codebase and it’s associated applications
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Developing, testing and maintaining reliable and reusable code
- Work closely with the infrastructure and Front End engineers to aid with architecture decisions for the application and supporting infrastructure
- Troubleshoot, identify and fix and bugs
- Identify and correct and bottlenecks
- Conduct regular UI tests to ensure best in class performance of the platform
- Mentor, train and support other engineers in order to develop our in house Back End development skills
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Back-End Developer
- Proven experience within a dev team in a web backend development role.
- Solid understanding of modern web application development, including security, SPAs, state management, OOP design patterns.
- Competent with REST API and back-end service integration.
- Proven proficiency with MySQL, Shell scripting, Redis, Celery
- Jira Confluence & Agile working methodologies
- Ability to design and document system API’s for our Front End and Mobile Developers
- Proven proficiency using automated testing frameworks
- Proficient with CSS3 and related tools/methodologies such as Less and/or Sass, CSS modules, CSS-in-JS etc
- A strong and flexible work ethic
- Excellent communication skills